Thank you for your interest in working at Spring Grove School, Wye.
An introduction to Spring Grove School
At Spring Grove School we offer an outstanding all-round education and a fantastic start in life for boys and girls aged 2 to 11 years.
We are a happy, family prep school that specialises in ‘free-range’ children: nurturing and developing all who join to their full potential. We are able to do this because we have small classes in which our children receive expert attention and tuition, preparing them perfectly for both grammar and senior independent schools.
Set within an idyllic 14 acre rural setting close to both Ashford and Canterbury, Spring Grove School is one of the most beautiful playgrounds in Kent. Our school is small enough for us to know every child, as well as their family, and for us to encourage each and every pupil in our care to be self-confident and independent learners. The children at Spring Grove School live and breathe our school motto ‘Always do your best’.
We love the outdoors, we enjoy competition, we sing, dance and play, explore and love to learn. Former pupils look back on their time here as magical and inspiring.
We are a truly independent day school and are a recognised member of The Independent Association of Prep Schools (IAPS). We offer a wide range of subjects, extra-curricular activities and clubs.
We want Spring Grove to be a school that parents, teachers and staff would have wanted to attend when they were children. Our teachers are tasked to remember this philosophy when they are planning their lessons and activities – enjoyment is at the heart of everything we do!
We firmly believe Spring Grove School is unique and a great place for children to grow.
For more information, please visit the school’s website www.springgroveschool.co.uk
Vacancy: After School Care – Creche & SG Extra Supervisor
Dates: Job start September 2018
Salary: Dependent upon experience
Location: Wye, Kent TN25 5EZ
Contract type: Part-time
Contract term: Permanent
Spring Grove School is looking for an enthusiastic ‘After School Care – Creche & SG Extra Supervisor’ who has a minimum of Level 3 Childcare qualification. You would be expected to deliver an engaging daily activity for a group of children aged 2 – 11 years who stay after school, Monday to Friday term time only . You will enjoy the company of children and engage with them providing a relaxed, friendly and enjoyable time.
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, leading and supervising a range of activities along with your team of assistants, to ensure our After-School Club is a popular and successful venture, providing our children with a high quality and stimulating environment.
You will be working from 3.00pm to 6.15pm, Monday to Friday, Term Time only.
- Supervise Care Club Assistants.
- Organise creche and SG Extra rota for staff
- Ensure after school care runs smoothly and that all staff are directed in an organised and consistent manner.
- Plan and deliver engaging and fun activities.
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children, staff and others, that equipment is safe, standards of hygiene are high and safety procedures are implemented.
- Manage and maintain club ratios and registers of all children attending Creche / SG Extra .
- Ensure the process of registration of children attending is accurately adhered to.
- Review and maintain sufficient supplies and resources within the school settings at all times.
- To actively support the childrens’ social development, through appropriate activities and to provide support for other staff in these activities if required.
- Coordinate and help set up and clear away all equipment/activities before and after all the children arrive/leave.
- Analyse and feedback on club numbers, ensuring their sustainability and profitability to the Bursar.
Do you have what we are looking for?
- Hold an NVQ Level 3 Childcare qualification.
- Have previous experience working in a childcare setting.
- Have an understanding of inspection requirements.
- Be inspirational, bringing fun and creativeness to the team.
- Have a fun and energetic nature.
- Be reliable and passionate over everything else.
- Be able to relate and engage with children aged between 2 – 11 years.
- Be a people person with fantastic communication skills.
- Have the ability to motivate others to deliver to the highest standard.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact the Assistant Bursar, Mrs Angela Peirson, on 01233 812337.
Closing date for applications: Friday 29th June 2018, at 1pm
Interviews (if selected): w/c Monday 2nd July 2018
Spring Grove School reserves the right to close applications early and make an appointment at any stage.
Completed application forms should be accompanied by a covering letter and should be marked Private and Confidential to Mrs A Peirson, Assistant Bursar, Spring Grove School, Harville Road, Wye, Ashford, Kent TN25 5EZ or emailed to email@example.com. CVs alone will not be accepted.
Spring Grove School is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and therefore, we expect all workers and employees to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and satisfactory employment references which will be taken up prior to interview (if selected).
Headmaster: Mr Bill Jones
Spring Grove School, Harville Road, Wye, Kent TB25 5EZ
Tel: 01233 812337, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: www.springgroveschool.co.uk