Ethos, Mission and Aims
At Spring Grove School (Wye) we specialise in ‘free-range children’ and in providing ‘a great place to grow’ for boys and girls aged 2 to 11 years.
We will develop all who join Spring Grove to their full potential – academically, socially, physically and emotionally in a supportive, caring and friendly community. We are able to do this because we have small classes in which our children receive expert attention.
Every child is afforded opportunities to succeed, whether through our Academic programme, Music, Sport, Drama, Art, or through any of the additional activities that are on offer to our pupils. With achievement comes confidence, a fundamental life skill. Pupils feel empowered to face any challenges, believe in their abilities, and become independent learners, striving to make a difference in the ever-changing 21st century.
Within our beautiful rural setting our School is small enough for us to know every child, as well as their family, and for us to encourage them to support the School motto of ‘Always do your best!‘
‘A great place to grow’
We will develop all the children who join Spring Grove to their full potential, academically, socially, physically and emotionally in a supportive, caring and friendly community. Within a beautiful rural setting our school is small enough for us to know every child and their family and encourage them to support the school motto: ‘Always Do Your Best’.
Our aim is that pupils at Spring Grove School will:
- Fulfil their potential: spiritually, morally, socially and culturally and academically to the best of our and their ability. We go the extra mile to achieve our aims.
Learn in a stimulating environment: we can develop knowledge and skills and nurture a love of learning that will be lasting.
- Grow a thirst for knowledge: we encourage our pupils to develop a spirit of enquiry and an ability to work hard and independently and to value knowledge for its own sake.
- Be considerate: we constantly encourage children to develop a strong social and moral conscience, to look after their neighbour and realise the importance of becoming a good citizen.
- Develop a strong sense of well-being: we ensure that, as far as possible, your child will develop as a whole personality in a confident, responsible, successful and happy manner.
- Always Do Their Best: an approximate translation of our Latin motto, Ad Alta Praeclara.
To be a leading truly independent prep school in Kent, offering boys and girls the very best start in life. A happy family-orientated school that gives every child the space and opportunity to grow with confidence, academically and holistically, in a changing world.
‘A great place to grow’
“As she begins the transformation from little girl to young lady, we can see that our grand-daughter has an excellent grounding in academic subjects. She has also enjoyed and achieved musically, artistically and, certainly, on the sports field. Perhaps, most importantly, she has been shown how to apply the ethos of the School to make a useful contribution to the life of her community.”
A Spring Grove School grandparent