For the latest TEAM LISTS please click on the following links: Team Lists
For the latest Match Reports please click on the following link: Match Reports
Our Aim is that all children participate in and develop an appreciation for sport. We believe that the conduct and attitude of all participants should be exemplary. All players should show courtesy, play fairly, show a striving spirit to win and show grace in losing. “You win some, you lose some, but you always try again” (Anon.) The Spring Grove Code of Sporting Excellence.
Some important SG Sports Rules:
- Take care of your kit, ensuring it is named. Hang it neatly on a peg or fold it neatly into your sport box, clean your boots regularly and don’t borrow other people’s kit.
- Learn and abide by the rules of the game.
- Remember that the referee’s decision is final.
- Encourage your team mates and enjoy participating in sport, whatever the result.
- Be punctual for lessons, practices and matches.
- Regularly visit the sports notice board and note whether you are playing in a match and what kit you require for the game.
- Make the opposition feel welcome and behave with courtesy at away matches.
- Always do your best.
We, at Spring Grove are proud of the children’s progress and achievements. Moreover, we are especially grateful to parents, grandparents and staff for the support they give throughout the year.
We have won 7 sports scholarship awards in the past two years and in 2011, Spring Grove Under 11 girls became National Prep Schools’ Cross-Country Champions.
In 2013, our athletes finished in 4th place in the National Cross-Country Championships and have won 4 Prep School County titles on the athletics track. We have high hopes for further success at the National Championships.
Dee Langford (Girls’ Games Coordinator) and Ben Smith (Boys’ Games Coordinator)